(NEWSWIRE) - MyStartr is proud to be Canada's only national, employer-led coalition dedicated to helping young people overcome barriers to employment and realize their full potential. With this mission in mind, please join us on Tuesday, June 14th, at the Albion Library as we host our hiring event to connect employers with local youth.
Top employers are looking for job-ready youth to connect with to help show them their potential in the workforce.
Unfortunately, more often than not, barriers prevent youth from having the opportunities or doors that lead to a career.
- 15% of the youth population (440,000) in Ontario is NEET (not in education, employment training) (above the national average of 14% and OECD country's average of 13%)
- 176K (40%) Ontario NEET youth are seeking work but can’t find employment
- Job vacancies are at an all-time high in Ontario at 350K
- 176K youth in Ontario are seeking work but can’t find it
- 350K jobs in Ontario are going unfilled
We will be hosting the event for youth ages 15-30 seeking employment or interested in connecting with like-minded people who want to change the youth employment system in Canada.
Youth will be given the opportunity to:
- Pose for Professional Headshots
- Meet Incredible Mentors
- Work on a Professional Pitch AND
- A chance to win an opportunity to have lunch with Rexdale’s own Raptors Basketball Player, Dalano Banton, on Friday, June 17th, 3- 4 pm
We are inviting local media to join us to celebrate our youth summit and see firsthand how we can youth with employers.